Today's greatest email clients include Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird. Depending on your circumstances and tastes, you may feel compelled to change your email client. People usually convert their Outlook mailboxes to Thunderbird because their employer requires it. Because both email systems allow distinct file formats, transferring Outlook emails to Thunderbird becomes challenging.
This conversion must be done properly because emails are the most crucial form of communication. If any one of the attributes is compromised, importing Outlook mail to Thunderbird may be difficult and inconvenient.
If you're unsure how to accomplish it, read the blog for a step-by-step guide on how to convert PST to MBOX format.
Why Export Outlook Mail to Thunderbird?
There are a variety of reasons why a user would desire to move Outlook emails to Thunderbird on a new machine. Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source Personal Information Manager that is much easier to set up on a computer than Microsoft Outlook. Thunderbird is a desktop programme that works on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Outlook, on the other hand, is a subscription service that isn't cross-platform. These are the most compelling reasons to switch from Outlook to Thunderbird for email.
Export Outlook Emails to Thunderbird Account
Let's move on to the numerous methods for converting Outlook to Thunderbird on a new PC. There are two manual methods for importing Outlook emails into Thunderbird. All of them are listed below; simply follow the instructions to complete the email import procedure.
Method 1: – Export Email from Outlook to Thunderbird on Single Machine
Note: for instant and efficient Outlook to Thunderbird export use SysConverter for PST tool and transfer all mailbox data to the Thunderbird account.
1. Try this process to import Microsoft Outlook emails to thunderbird on a single machine. This process will not be applicable if multiple machines will be involved. Follow the steps listed here:
2. Go to the Start button on your Windows system, then Go to Default Programs >> Set Outlook as your default program. By clicking on the Set this program as default
3. Launch Thunderbird and select the “Tools” then click Import/Export Menu
4. Choose the radio button which appears next to Mail then click ‘Next’. Select Outlook from the provided list and click ‘Next’.
5. A dialogue box will appear and click on “Finish” to complete the import process.
Method 2: - Using Google Takeout, import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird.
The procedure described in the next section is much simpler than the one described previously. This requires setting up your Gmail account in Outlook. To move Outlook emails to Thunderbird, follow the instructions below.
1. Open your Outlook Profile and go to the navigation panel and select "File."
2. Click 'Add account,' which will launch a new tab.
3. Fill in all of the required information, such as the user's name, email address, and password.
4. Go to your Gmail account and choose 'Settings.'
5. Choose Enable IMAP > Save the settings after selecting Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
6. Again, move to your Microsoft Outlook account and click on “File“
7. All your Gmail has been configured to Outlook. Now you can see all your Outlook Mail Emails in the Gmail account.
8. Go to the Google Takeout
9. Select the folders which you want to archive and such as Calendars, tasks, messages, etc.
10. You will receive a copy of the emails on your Gmail Account. Now, Open the zip folder that has been downloaded from Gmail.
Limitations of Manual Method
As you have yourself understand how long is the manual solution and how tedious it can be. Manual techniques to transfer Outlook emails to Thunderbird are also unreliable and unsafe. Your one mistake and your precious data must be lost forever. But do not panic, for another wonderful solution, go to the next section.
Also, Microsoft Outlook is available in different versions like Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. So, the email import process may be different. To overcome such situations just move to the below-mentioned solution to migrate emails from Outlook to Thunderbird.
Method 3: Using Software to Move Outlook Emails to Thunderbird
In the preceding part, we covered two manual ways, however, they are not very dependable. Moving emails from Outlook to Thunderbird might be problematic for some users. It is preferable to use an automated solution such as PST Converter to effortlessly and quickly convert Outlook to Thunderbird. This application has a number of intriguing features.
- The purpose of a graphical User Interface is to provide the user with a comprehensive experience.
- There are no file size or number of PST files that can be exported restrictions.
- Emails from Outlook to Thunderbird may be converted in bulk.
- Convert PST to PDF, CSV, HTML, and other formats
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 are compatible
- Maintain mailbox structure and hierarchy.
Steps to Export Outlook Emails to Thundrebird Account
To transfer emails from Outlook PST to the Thunderbird account, follow the instructions below.
Step 1. Install and Run the software on your system.
Step 2. After that select Open >> Email Data File >> PST File >> Select File from Folder.
Step 3. Click on Export and select Thunderbird as a saving option.
Step 4. At last, check the default targeted location (same as Thunderbird databases saved location) and hit on the Save button.
All Done! Here you export Outlook emails to Thunderbird account with all attachments.
Various ways to import PST to Thunderbird were explored in the last blog. Users can choose from a variety of options depending on their needs. However, using technique 3 is strongly advised. Transferring emails from Outlook to Thunderbird is more dependable. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any problems importing Outlook mail into Thunderbird.